Author Topic: Looking for places you can dock and get a room for the night  (Read 1270 times)

jangel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Rod holders for a 31 Fisharound
« on: April 05, 2009, 11:03:17 PM »
The new boat showed up today and I am trying to figure out how I am going to run my spread. I had planned on running a center rigger and fishing 2 rods out of the leaning post. However, there is no way you to accomplish this as the holders are way to close together and seem like they would only be suitable for a net or gaff. My thought is to mount something along the transom bulkhead - maybe a rocket launcher type holder. I have found some light duty stuff for storing rods but nothing that seems like it will handle 50# gear. Is there enough room between the livewells for at least 1? Any ideas are appreciated.

Bigger Hammer

• View Profile
Re: Rod holders for a 31 Fisharound \"chickenofthesea\"
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 05:27:42 PM »
I don\'t think there\'s room for between the livewells, but I\'ll try to temember to look tomorrow.Depending on how complicated you want to get, here are some links to a couple of ideas.Scoutin 4 Goodies did this, simple & cheap:http://www.thehulltruth.com/fo...43718

I\'d probably be looking more for something like the rod holders on the aft end of WartHog5\'s top.  I think he made these himself.  Rotate them 90 degrees and mount them on the transom and you could be good to go.  http://www.thehulltruth.com/fo...37747

Whatever you do back there make sure you consider clearance for tilting your motors.Bill

chickenofthesea

• View Profile
Re: Rod holders for a 31 Fisharound \"Bigger Hammer\"
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 05:49:40 AM »
Birdsall makes a nice rocket launcher for the transom - I sent an inquiry to them to see if they are suitable for offshore trolling or if it just for storage. They are pretty low profile and should clear the motors. I\'ll get something figured out.

Bigger Hammer

• View Profile
Re: Rod holders for a 31 Fisharound \"chickenofthesea\"
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 05:38:51 PM »
I finally got around to looking at this area on my boat.  I don\'t think there\'s room for a rod holder between the fish/storage wells aft.

You had asked a while back about horizontal rod racks under the gunwales.  I also got a picture of one of mine tonight.  They are through-bolted at the top, and not secured to the liner at all.  The picture is below.Bill

chickenofthesea

• View Profile
Re: Rod holders for a 31 Fisharound \"Bigger Hammer\"
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 02:07:04 PM »
Thanks for those pics. Definitely not enough room between the livewells. I may just go with some gaff holders and a holder similar to what you have for deck brushes, etc. Flushmounted the Furuno units - they both fit and also flushed the 2 vhf radios - we\'re getting there.