Author Topic: Scallop Report  (Read 1358 times)

jangel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Cabo Problems - Many!
« on: April 05, 2009, 11:03:24 PM »
A while back I purchased 6 Cabos, \"2\" 60\'s \"2\" 70\'s and \"2\" 80\'s. I was looking for a reel which was a step up from the Penns and Daiwa BG\'s but could not afford a reel like a Stella. Nonetheless, the Cabos are not cheap and buying six at one time was supposed to be an investment. 3 months after purchase, paint was chipping, corrosion problems, drags were rough...Reels stay indoors, in the covers, lubed and detailed every 3 months, yet this weekend I had one basically explode on me, when I looked inside the reel, there was corrosion and rust which was a huge surprise to me since I am meticulous with all of my boating and fishing gear. The first month I had the reels, I was loving them, now I think they are the worst reel I have ever owned. One by one I plan on replacing them with BG\'s unless Quantum steps up and takes care of them.

icehousejay

• View Profile
Re: Cabo Problems - Many! \"KEY WEST 1\"
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 01:32:15 PM »
welcome to the club.Ditch it and get a shimano.I never looked back.

family affair

• View Profile
Re: Cabo Problems - Many! \"icehousejay\"
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 03:42:14 PM »
I have a total of 12 4 40s 4 60s 4 80s we have not had one problem with the reels yes the paint does not hold up but we are not very gentle on are tackle. If you send it back chances are they will send you a brand new one. I had one I threw in the back seat of the car it got bent all to hell when i moved the seat back I sent it off and got a brand new reel no ? asked. On the other hand I got rid of all my shimano sustains do to failures.

dasaltwaterman

• View Profile
Re: Cabo Problems - Many! \"KEY WEST 1\"
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 12:31:18 PM »
Call Quantum, if you havent already.  Ask for larry he will help you.

1-800-588-9030

temmor

• View Profile
Re: Cabo Problems - Many! \"dasaltwaterman\"
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 06:21:42 PM »
What he said - I know from experience.