Author Topic: wacasassa report  (Read 1357 times)

jangel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Saltwater Exceler
« on: April 05, 2009, 11:03:44 PM »
I currently have a 2500 Exceler, love it, but I was told it is not made for saltwater. Is there an equivalent Daiwa for salt water or was I misinformed and the Exceler will be fine in the salt? I\'ve already had a problem with the roller bearing because of salt damage, is there a way to prevent it in the future? I hope so, only reel I own that I have never had a braid wind knot.

daiwa2

• View Profile
Re: Saltwater Exceler \"NCBF\"
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 05:11:28 PM »
We sell alot of Excelers for the inshore saltwater market.  The roller bearing inside the line roller is the key component to maintain.  All in all the reel is fine for saltwater.  Just lightly spray the reel with freshwater \"do not submerge in water\", wipe the reel, and check the roller bearing and you should be alright.  Sounds like alot of work but you\'re looking at less than 5 minutes.  If you have any questions, please call customer service \"800\" 736-4653 or place another post.  Thanks.

windblows

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 06:59:13 PM »
I use a bunch of Excelers in salt water and have had no issues at all.  I lightly rinse with fresh water and I spray mine down with Boeshield T-9 after use and then wipe it off.  Seems to work well for me.

NCBF

• View Profile
Re: Saltwater Exceler \"daiwa2\"
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 10:27:09 AM »
Quote, originally posted by daiwa2 »
We sell alot of Excelers for the inshore saltwater market.  The roller bearing inside the line roller is the key component to maintain.  All in all the reel is fine for saltwater.  Just lightly spray the reel with freshwater \"do not submerge in water\", wipe the reel, and check the roller bearing and you should be alright.  Sounds like alot of work but you\'re looking at less than 5 minutes.  If you have any questions, please call customer service \"800\" 736-4653 or place another post.  Thanks.

That\'s what I thought. I had to replace my roller bearing, now I put Hot sauce on it periodically. Once you take it out, is there a way to clean it? Solvent, etc?

Fast Cars Save Time

daiwa2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 02:09:22 PM »
One drop of solvent should do the trick.  I always try to keep it simple.  Thanks and good fishing to you.