Author Topic: It\'s time  (Read 2731 times)

jangel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Trip planned for West End, Bahamas
« on: April 05, 2009, 11:04:22 PM »
A quick trip is in the works to cross over from West Palm Beach to West End, Bahamas at the end of June. I will be making the trip in my Cuda 23. I spoke with Andy and he is in. I also wanted to extend the invite to any other Andros owners, especially since I know you have the boat that can handle the trip   .  This will be my first trip and my moto is the more that make the crossing together the better.Here are some of the preliminary details:Friday June 26 - early a.m. leave West Palm Beach, arrive West End, clear customs, check in to our room and then fish until we drop.Saturday June 27th - Fish and/or dive  Sunday June 28th - early a.m. depart West End. If weather permits, fish along the way.I will post more later about immigration and accommodations once I establish there is some interest. Thanks!Tight lines!

cudjoe cuda

• View Profile
Re: Trip planned for West End, Bahamas \"CaptRobMoore\"
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 11:11:33 AM »
WOW! That would be a fun trip. Wish I could, but logistically not possible. Hope the weather is kind to you.

andy-andros

• View Profile
Re: Trip planned for West End, Bahamas \"cudjoe cuda\"
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 08:35:16 PM »
This will be a great trip, we will put it up on our website when we get back from the Miami show. Thanks putting this together!

For those who read this and may not know, Rob is one of our ESPN Madfin Anglers and a damn good guide too. I\'m sure you will also learn some fishing tips on this voyage as well...

cwatts

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 07:18:29 AM »
Great idea, I hope that as a future Andros Bonefish owner that Andy demonstrates that his personal  22\'-6\'\' Bonefish is capable of making this type of trip.  

Cam Watts

Cam Watts

andy-andros

• View Profile
Re: Trip planned for West End, Bahamas \"cwatts\"
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 07:41:01 AM »
Cam,

Your boat will make this trip no problem. I am actually thinking of taking our Backwater 18 across! Not sure yet only because i want to make sure there\'s enough bigger boats going so that we have them to fish the reefs over there. If enough customers come across in the big boats i will bring the 18 to pole the flats for bonefish / tarpon.

I\'ve had my 18 out 3o miles. It\'s virtually the same bottom as the 22 just smaller!

You should come with us, i can arranged to have your boat towed to the other coast for you!

pf22

• View Profile
Re: Trip planned for West End, Bahamas \"cwatts\"
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 07:53:23 AM »
Hey Cam let\'s go!!  I\'ve done it in a sailboat before, let\'s break that new boat in right!!Dave B  
[/url]" alt="" class="bbc_img" />

andy-andros

• View Profile
Re: Trip planned for West End, Bahamas \"pf22\"
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 05:13:20 PM »
Guys,

I\'m getting more excited about this trip. Rob came by at the Miami show today and he\'s really done a bunch of research. I\'m getting alot of calls from customers that want to make it.

If you dont yet have an Andros but still want to see what these boats are all about we may have limited room on boats. Please post here so we can keep record and start to formulate a plan and try to get people over.

The fishing there should be awesome! I know know that by June I will be ready for a little spear fishing action too.

andy-andros

• View Profile
Re: Trip planned for West End, Bahamas \"cudjoe cuda\"
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 05:14:48 PM »
Why cant you go? if you need a trailer to get the boat to West Palm i may be able to help. Or if you want to ride with me you are welcomed.

CaptRobMoore

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 11:24:06 AM »
I have been getting a few emails asking for more info. I\'ll start with accommodations.

There are three places that offer accommodations at West End:

Blue Marlin Cove  http://www.bluemarlincove.com/Bottle Bay Fishing Lodge - http://www.junxurei.com/bootleweb/Old Bahama Bay -  http://www.oldbahamabay.com/

Here is my take on each of the places. Keep in mind I have never been to any of these places so I dont know from personal experience. If anyone who does have first hand experiences please speak up.

Blue Marlin Cove is $450 a night but the units are 2 bed/ 2bath and will accommodate 4 people. This price also includes dockage, water/electric, ice, meals \"dinner and Breakfast\" and most importantly an open bar   . Break that up among 4 people and its a pretty good deal.

Bottle Bay Fishing Lodge  The cost listed on the web site is a little off and makes no sense to me. But from what I have heard its around a $100 a night for two plus your dockage. The rooms are nothing fancy but everything I have researched and heard is they are clean and do the job. This place is right next to Blue Marlin Cove.

Old Bahama Bay  If you want luxury this is the place to be but be prepared to pay for it. My opinion is \"This is the place you stay when you want to impress your wife or girlfriend\".

Bahamas Immigration  boats under 35 feet cost $150 for entry fee and fishing license, boats over 35 feet cost $300. This covers up to 4 people on each boat; each additional person over 4 is $15 per person. Customs at West End is located at Old Bahama Bay. Need passport for each person and boat registration. For more info see http://www.bahamas.com/bahamas/boating-sailing

Ill post more about US immigration soon.

Please keep in mind that each boat is responsible for themselves and making their own arrangements. You can deviate from our plans or add to it. I will post as much info and help with any questions you might have. More to come soon. Hope you can make it.  

andy-andros

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 01:29:51 PM »
They better reconsider their \"free bar\" offer. If i know our customers... we could add a seriously negative line item their second quarter balance sheet.

great info Rob!