Author Topic: Fishing Crystal River tomorrow  (Read 1849 times)

jangel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Rear view mirror for Hummingbird SI???
« on: April 05, 2009, 11:06:26 PM »
Imagine sitting off your favorite wreck fishing for grouper and snapper, or fishing for Tarpoon off the skyway bridge with a hummingbird SI with rear imaging sonar.  Is this a something that hummingbird might try?? If so would love to test it out for them..

Re: Rear view mirror for Hummingbird SI??? \"Bevyjason\"
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 07:06:40 AM »
We are always looking at new ways to keep our product competitive. Thanks for your suggestion.

Bevyjason

• View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 09:04:21 AM »
How many folks out there would like to see this... I know I would..

CaptRobMoore

• View Profile
Re: \"Bevyjason\"
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 03:25:56 PM »
That is an awesome idea. Last summer was my first tarpon season with side imaging. I can\'t imagine fishing another one without it. Anything you do to enhance this would truely be a bonus.  

Re: \"CaptRobMoore\"
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 07:14:31 AM »
We have justed release new software so you can fine tune your Side Imaging View. It is called SI Enhanced in the express menu. You can adjust your sensitivity, contrast and also your sharpness. This is a great feature so now you can fine tune your unit to the way you want it set up. We have also ramped up our 2D sonar. Under your soanr tab there is a selection that says TVG. You can turn this feature off and you will get greater detail of the bottom. We are as good as our competitors or if not better now.

CaptRobMoore

• View Profile
Re: \"Joby @ Humminbird\"
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 08:26:35 AM »
Quote, originally posted by Joby @ Humminbird »
We have justed release new software so you can fine tune your Side Imaging View. It is called SI Enhanced in the express menu. You can adjust your sensitivity, contrast and also your sharpness. This is a great feature so now you can fine tune your unit to the way you want it set up. We have also ramped up our 2D sonar. Under your soanr tab there is a selection that says TVG. You can turn this feature off and you will get greater detail of the bottom. We are as good as our competitors or if not better now.  

Joby,

That is awesome stuff. I have owned a Lowrance for the last 10 years. Although they make a great product, for my style of fishing and with the side imaging, my Humminbird does 3 times more than any of the Lowrance\'s I owned.

Do you do the warranty work? If so can you have my unit updated with this software? My unit was just sent in for some minor warranty work. Thanks in advance.