Author Topic: Hey Warfbum  (Read 1935 times)

jangel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Fishing Wahoo Alley Bimini!
« on: April 05, 2009, 11:38:22 PM »
\"posting for my friend Gary\"Made the crossing on Friday afternoon with a pleasant 2-3 ft sea.Got checked in and settled for an early evening.Hit the water early on Saturday to fish the Sunrise high tide. Had a nice spread of Wahoo lures in the water by 6:45am. heading south along the famous edge between South Bimini and Cat Cay.Our first hit came just after 7:am and by the sound of the Penn Int\'l 50 wire setup, it was a nice size fish. After the initial run, we started to horse him back towards to boat, when the reel started screaming a 2nd time. At first we thought this might be a monster Wahoo, but after a few minutes we realized our 30+ pounder had been absolutely inhaled by a mammoth Shark. All he left us from that bite was 1/2 of a barely recognizable wahoo head\"ouch!\".About 30 minutes after resetting the spread, we nailed a \"Double Header\" off the two starboard rods. Both fish were almost identical in size at 37 & 39 lbs. Two more singles of 38 & 41 lbs over the next hour found us with over 150 lbs of Wahoo in the box before 9:30am.We decided to drop the hook over a nice patch in 60ft for some yellowtail action. After landing a few keeper yt\'s and a nice 5lb schoolmaster\"which was added to my homemade ceviche blend\" we stopped in to see our buddy Ivan at Cat Cay for the traditional cheeseburger and Pina Colada luncheon.Another early start on Sunday yielded a 25lb Wahoo by 7:30am. After dragging lures unsuccessfully for another hour, we decided to set up for deep dropping out front with the chunks of wahoo gut I saved from the cleaning table the day before.A few quick drifts yielded seven nice yelloweye, including this 9 pound slob. The ice cold beer & fresh snapper ceviche made the cruise back home a winner!                      
Modified by novomarine at 6:17 PM 1/29/2009

JohnnyBlack

• View Profile
Re: Fishing Wahoo Alley Bimini! \"novomarine\"
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 06:55:55 PM »
Very nice work. Yeah, ya gotta try to get out deeper, off the ledge, after the hookup or the sharks will have a field day if they\'re around. Thanks for the report.

www.nationalpowerboats.com                          

Team Temptation

• View Profile
Re: Fishing Wahoo Alley Bimini! \"JohnnyBlack\"
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 01:29:42 AM »
                                         www.arcophotos.com

venturesome

• View Profile
Re: Fishing Wahoo Alley Bimini! \"Team Temptation\"
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 04:22:59 AM »
kick azz report................I love that area you fished !!!    

GafferGirl

• View Profile
Re: Fishing Wahoo Alley Bimini! \"venturesome\"
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 04:59:56 AM »
Awesome report Joe!!  Sounds like you guys had loads of action over there.  
ANNA

waiter

• View Profile
Re: Fishing Wahoo Alley Bimini! \"GafferGirl\"
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 05:07:16 AM »
I have never seen a yellow eye that big...awesome!.......nice job on the Hoo\'s....I should have gone to Bimini last weekend instead of West End!

Dpdash

• View Profile
Re: Fishing Wahoo Alley Bimini! \"waiter\"
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 06:20:31 AM »
Nice shots!  How deep on thos YE\'s?

BigBiteBoyee'

• View Profile
Re: Fishing Wahoo Alley Bimini! \"Dpdash\"
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2009, 07:05:47 AM »
Great report!   Looked like constant action & perfect weather; cant beat that!!  Thanks for sharing..

Visit us at www.Bigbiteoffshore.com to find plugs, rods, rigs, and tackle.

rocknreeln

• View Profile
Re: Fishing Wahoo Alley Bimini! \"novomarine\"
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2009, 07:43:56 AM »
WTG fellas - Nice to see the diversity in species!  Looks like a well rewarded trip!  

Sea Biaatch!

• View Profile
Re: Fishing Wahoo Alley Bimini! \"Team Temptation\"
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2009, 09:35:03 AM »
Nice trip!!! And great picture Temptation. Thats your best one yet

Quote, originally posted by Team Temptation »

Sea Biaatch!was an old boat of mine. I am not a chick! You old perverts!