Author Topic: crab trapper cuts off two fingers today  (Read 1277 times)

jangel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
income requirements for for-hire gulf permits
« on: April 06, 2009, 03:14:49 AM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------At the request of the SOS bosses Gary Jarvis and Bill Archer, Dr. Crabtree is suggesting that an income requirement be established for the charter/headboat reef fish and coastal pelagic permits. All of you in TX had big issues with this over the years. You now have it being suggested again. It was discussed at the last recreational red snapper ad hoc ap panel meeting in New Orleans and when confronted by Mike Nugent, Gary Jarvis told him it was not their intent to kick people out of the for-hire industry. Apparantly, Gary mislead Mike as he has requested that Dr. Crabtree do this. The verbatum minutes will be available in about a month so you can read it for yourself. I just heard it here at the council meeting. Pass this along to anyone who may be affected by an income requirement.

zodiac

• View Profile
Re: income requirements for for-hire gulf permits \"zodiac\"
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 12:18:11 PM »
I have just had communication with Dr. Crabtree, he stated that Gary Jarvis did not ask him to address the council regarding income requirements.  I apologize if I misspoke.