Author Topic: 3 spots in 2 days  (Read 1190 times)

jangel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Lobster bag limits question
« on: April 06, 2009, 03:15:00 AM »
My saltwater fishing license is now due.  I went online and decided to get one for my 14 year old son.  Then I read this...Recreational Saltwater Fishing LicenseYou do not need a license if you are:Any child under 16 years of age. Any resident fishing in saltwater from land or from a structure fixed to the land. Any person fishing from a for-hire vessel \"guide, charter, party boat\" that has a valid vessel license. Any person fishing from a vessel, the operator of which has a valid vessel license issued in the name of the operator of the vessel. Any person who holds a valid saltwater products license \"SPL\". If my son doesn\'t need a saltwater license, can he catch lobsters and his catch is added in to the bag limit?Anotherwords, if he and I go out and catch 12 lobsters, I have a license and lobster stamp so I can catch 6 and he is not required to have a license, but the bag limit is 6 per person???

Gator

• View Profile
Re: Lobster bag limits question \"Special K III\"
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 09:28:12 AM »
Always have heard....take it for what that is worth.... Children do not need a license and as long as they are actively helping they can get their own limit.