Author Topic: Web Page  (Read 1684 times)

jangel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
YT Offshore 1/27 > SANITARIUM
« on: April 06, 2009, 03:20:02 AM »
Had some of my \"Usual Suspects\" on board today and two newbies.  Finally got a day to run offshore, last weeks weather made me cancel 3 trips and with this 2 month closure crap coming down on us really can make a charter guy feel down in the dumps.  My guys did good though ! ! !  The sea conditions started out smooth in the early morning as we left the mouth of the river and at about the 60\' mark it turned to 3\'/4\' waves the rest of the run to 80 foot.  We made it to my area and as I rode over the ledge, the screen LIT-UP on my bottom machine with fish stacked 12 feet over the lip.  \"This is going to be good\" I thought to myself, and it was.  With in a matter of minutes after Rick\'O dumped the hook and we came tight, my crew had their limit of gags and 3 truck reds ! ! !  I switched on both live wells and we started culling fish..........NOTHING under 26\" went in the box.  Just on this spot alone we released 15 to 20 box fish ! ! !  I don\'t like to hammer a spot, so we pulled anchor and went looking for some AJ\'s.  Ran over to a wreck and they were there but only the little guys would take a bait, the big dudes would follow them up to the top, but no takers.  Left there and went to a near by ledge to get our last three reds and pulled up red snapper after red snapper after gag after gag ! ! !  I was wishing so bad for one of the idiots from the Gulf Council to be on board to tell me just how bad our fishery is ! ! !  Seas laid down smooth for our ride back and everyone was crashed on the bean bags across the deck............very nice trip.  Water temp did not get above 60 degrees until the 65\' mark and where I was at it was a pleasant 64 degrees.  We used frozen and chunked baits, didn\'t really mater what hit the bottom ..........it got ate ! ! !  This might be my last grouper run till April.  I looked at my weather models tonight and it does not look good for the offshore fishermen the rest of the week.  High winds and big waves.  Time to get the light rods out and readied for the sheephead and snapper trips.  That is my offshore report, enjoy the pics and if you just can\'t swallow sitting the last few days on the hill before the season closes, be careful out there. Catch ya in a bit,Capt. Lance          

Red Bonz

• View Profile
Re: YT Offshore 1/27 > SANITARIUM \"~SANITARIUM~\"
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 03:33:20 AM »
Great job Capt Will look foward to reading your reports come April...
     If it don\'t fit force it, If it breaks it needed replace anyway

jjhill

• View Profile
Re: YT Offshore 1/27 > SANITARIUM \"Red Bonz\"
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 05:05:57 AM »
Very niiiice!

buche

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 06:46:13 AM »
Awesome! Do you have a different price for Sheephead and Snapper trips?    

Re: YT Offshore 1/27 > SANITARIUM \"buche\"
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 07:15:55 AM »
Quote, originally posted by buche »
Awesome! Do you have a different price for Sheephead and Snapper trips?    

Art you can catch big sheephead off shore this time of year but the snapper may be worth targeting. great catch as always Capt.Lance  

ExtremeFishingAdventures.Net    
 Captain Jimmy Nelson

jjhill

• View Profile
Re: YT Offshore 1/27 > SANITARIUM \"jimsfishobsession\"
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 08:30:22 AM »
Art, give Lance your email.  I think he\'s maybe doing grouper-closure specials on snapper/sheepshead trips.

stingray-paul

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 09:29:32 AM »
Nice Trip.  That looked like a fun day reeling in grouper.  The bad news is we have 2 months until April.

jjhill

• View Profile
Re: YT Offshore 1/27 > SANITARIUM \"stingray-paul\"
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2009, 01:18:56 PM »
Art, I just noticed Lance has those trips under \"Specials\" at http://www.sanitariumcharters.net

MitziBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2009, 01:19:01 PM »
Great job Lance...Very nice mess of fish
\"Photobucket\"