Author Topic: Swim Baits- How good are they?  (Read 1406 times)

jangel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
100 lb. Rooster Fish Ends up in a Head-lock!
« on: April 06, 2009, 03:22:36 AM »
This enormous Roosterfish was caught by Hooked On Costa Rica guests the Manziano party, aboard our top producing Nearshore/Offshore boat the Fandango, on January 24, 2009. Estimated to be just over 100lbs.!This is now the biggest Roosterfish we have seen caught by our guests.\"World Record is 114 lbs.\"Coincidently, before this beast, the biggest Roosterfish we have seen caught by our guests was about 95lbs, and also caught on Fandango. Nice Job to Capt. Thomas and the guys from the Manziano Group.All 3 guests took turns reeling in this monster wich took about 15 minutes to get boat side. He ate a BIG live Bluerunner.The guys ended up with 2 other Roosters this trip, one going 30lbs and the other about 20lbs, which of course seemed small after this monster was captured.Look at the size of that Head!!!!
Modified by HookedOnCostaRica at 4:04 PM 1/26/2009

fishing-guy

• View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 01:33:14 PM »
very nice fish, i dream to catch one like this one, congrats you are the men capt.....

Fishing-guy.com
*NEW* Follow me on Facebook for daily reports and pics

anglersystems

• View Profile
Re: \"fishing-guy\"
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 05:27:21 PM »
Really cool photo guys    

Moscador

• View Profile
Re: 100 lb. Rooster Fish Ends up in a Head-lock! \"HookedOnCostaR
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 03:22:39 PM »
That\'s one serious Gallo, hombre!!!!  

Well done to all.

FISHING AND LAUGHING ARE THE BEST MEDICINES.

steelboneguy

• View Profile
Re: 100 lb. Rooster Fish Ends up in a Head-lock! \"Moscador\"
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 08:18:49 PM »
That is  crazy.  Did he keep him?  Mount him? Do people even eat roosterfish-I have no idea?

Re: 100 lb. Rooster Fish Ends up in a Head-lock! \"steelboneguy\"
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 10:08:18 AM »
Quote, originally posted by steelboneguy »
That is  crazy.  Did he keep him?  Mount him? Do people even eat roosterfish-I have no idea?

Like all Roosterfish our boats catch, he was safely released to be caught again. They did not choose to have him mounted, which I was very surprised to hear.

There are some Ticos that have been known to eat Rooster fish, but they are not a very sought after food-fish. They are in the Jack family, and there are just too many other tasty fish easily caught here to justify killing these unique creatures for a meal.

Our boats always release Rooster fish after a quick photo.