Author Topic: Lobster Dinner Tonight: The After Pics...  (Read 1440 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Lobster Dinner Tonight: The After Pics...
« on: November 04, 2009, 02:23:19 PM »
Thansk Permit Rat and 2nd Curse- Those two lobsters were still kickin well this evening.I really wanted to do it up rather than just steam and eat. Can\'t claim the below recipe as my own- just did a search of foodnetwork for main elements and then modify the quantities to my taste and preference.Baked Stuffed Lobster- with a scallop and shrimp cornbread stuffing seasoned with Parsley and Tarragon. Kroger had a live Maine Lobster sale for $6.99 a lb. We got 2 1.3 pounders. A few extra bucks for the scallops and shrimp. Probably made this for two for under $25 \"I grow all my own herbs and the cornbread mix was 60 cents\"I am replete.Cooking notes: Not a big fan of the anissette \"sp?\" flavor so rarely use Tarragon. I know it is a classic combo with seafood so I went with it- really liked it. Subtle but significant. Will use it more in the future.I will never again make a seafood stuffing without cornbread. Period.Recipe called for 17 min baking a 1.5 lb lobster at 425. I had two in there and two stuffing servings and still found that was a little much- 15 min is certain and I may even experiment with less time given a minute or two of rest. Stuffing was just 8 tbl butter, one medium onion, scallop, shrimp, parlsey, tarragon, cornbread, salt and pepper.

RatRed

• View Profile
Re: Lobster Dinner Tonight: The After Pics... \"WateringHole\"
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 08:33:42 PM »
That looks like it would cost a lot more than $25. Looks great.

bait_slanger

• View Profile
Re: Lobster Dinner Tonight: The After Pics... \"WateringHole\"
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 09:00:17 PM »
MAN them sum doggone big crawfish  but they sure do look tasty!!  nice job!! i see someone else enjoys red wine with fish sides me
had a girl tell me she had sex tapes of us and she would sell them to me   why is it when ever ya make a little money the kin-folks come outta the wood work

hossmoss

• View Profile
Re: Lobster Dinner Tonight: The After Pics... \"bait_slanger\"
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 07:54:25 AM »
this thread is useless without pics of the lucky lady.