Author Topic: Lake Worth cardio session report 9/13/09  (Read 1790 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Lake Worth cardio session report 9/13/09
« on: November 04, 2009, 03:52:00 PM »
I decided I needed some exercise Sunday so I launched my kayak fom the beach by the Lake Worth Pier at 6:30 AM.  I brought a bunch of fishing gear along for my workout since all the extra weight and the resistance of dragging a Stretch 25 behind the kayak would improve my workout.  I covered 7 miles in depths from 60 to 130 paddling against a 2 mph north drift and a fairly strong west wind.  Part of my workout included a biceps workout where you work vertical jigs in deep water real fast.  I was very lucky and did not have any fish come along to interrupt either my paddling cardio or any of my vertical jigging reps.  Landed on the beach at 10:30 after getting a great workout.  Best part was I didn\'t have to clean my fish bag or worrry about icing fish down for the ride home. That\'s my story and I\'m sticking to it.

DouGR81

• View Profile
Re: Lake Worth cardio session report 9/13/09 \"Chris M\"
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 01:41:30 PM »
Haha...I\'ve had quite a few \"cardio sessions\" myself.

CajunYakingDaddy

• View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 03:14:20 PM »
Been having many of these myself latly.
God is great beer is good and people are crazy!. Got two good kayaks, paddles. IM me bring your own gear lets go fishing.

palmbeachpete

• View Profile
Re: \"CajunYakingDaddy\"
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 06:18:09 PM »
Chris, we will have to hook up soon. But you will have to clean your fish bag. I need more fish for the smoker.

Chris M

• View Profile
Re: \"palmbeachpete\"
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 06:51:06 PM »
Quote, originally posted by palmbeachpete »
Chris, we will have to hook up soon. But you will have to clean your fish bag. I need more fish for the smoker.

I smoked 2 kingfish the previous weekend, so I still have a couple pounds left in the freezer.  What I could use is about 20 more pounds of AJ.

I was surprised how slow the action was.  There was lots of bait around.  I even got pelted by about a dozen flying fish when a school panicked right next to my kayak.  All I got was a few yellowtails.  A boat near me jumped a 10? pound dolphin and that was about all I saw getting caught.

canadianyakker

• View Profile
Re: \"Chris M\"
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 07:44:56 AM »
You\'re right about the bait...from south of the pier to off of palm beach municipal beach, it was completely loaded!!  There wasn\'t any big fish with the schools though, just a crap ton of bait!!

Chris M

• View Profile
Re: \"canadianyakker\"
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 09:00:48 AM »
for about 15 minutes I was drifting right in the middle of a huge bait school.  I was dropping speed jigs through the school to the bottom hoping to get a predator waiting beneath the school then ripping the jig up through the bait.  Nothing.  I couldn\'t believe it.

palmbeachpete

• View Profile
Re: \"Chris M\"
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009, 04:22:25 PM »
I went out today. No AJs but I did catch a lot of other fish. I will post a report.