Author Topic: Redfishin\' Lanark Sept 09\'  (Read 1675 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Redfishin\' Lanark Sept 09\'
« on: November 02, 2009, 04:03:52 PM »
I have finally had the pleasure of getting out and doing some fishing with some good buddies over the past couple of weeks. We have found some areas that are holding good numbers of redfish along with a few trout and some really nice flounder \"20\"+\"! I have gone on 2 trips over the past couple of weeks with similar results. The Redfish have been on the larger side of the slot and as long as the tides been moving, they have been eating!My first trip was with don and Jim on the \"Green Bone\" and we hung and lost a few fish early and ended up with and nice mix bag with 2 Reds, one at 21\" and the other at 24.5\", 2 flounder to 16\" and 4 trout to 17\". Don hung a huge bull shark that was pushing 150lbs in 2 ft of water. That was an awesome sight to see. All in all it was a great trip and thanks to Don for really putting us on the fish.   My seccond was with a good buddy Doug and his best friend John visiting from Missouri. We had to put him on some fish. We hit the tide right in the morning even though there was a stiff 15kt east wind blowing. Doug was the first to strike with a solid 25\" red taken on a gold spoon. Two minutes later john got crushed by an upper slor red but ended up breaking him off! He redeemed himself with a 17\" trout on a spoon and I followed suit for our inshore slam with a 20\" flounder on a gulp. The rest of the day was off and on here and there but ended the say with another nice mixed bag. We ended with 1 25\" Red, 3 flounder to 20\" and 3 trout to 17\"! Great days and fun with all! Here are some pics of both tripsJim fighting his Red and Dons Ready with the net!Awesome pic...I should be a photographer..lol!!Our nice Reds on back to back casts!Doug fighting his fish!Doug with his 25\" spoon fed Red!Again!John with his 17\" trout.Doug with our tasty treats.I had to steal a pic with the Red.A happy crew!Not so happy fish!Modified by jhults11 at 7:48 PM 9/11/2009
Modified by jhults11 at 7:49 PM 9/11/2009

wishfishin

• View Profile
Re: Redfishin\' Lanark Sept 09\' \"jhults11\"
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 03:52:21 AM »
Great report.  That\'s some good eats!  
\"The world needs ditch diggers too.\"

Slough

• View Profile
Re: Redfishin\' Lanark Sept 09\' \"wishfishin\"
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 10:07:31 AM »
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well perserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, stiff drink in the other, body throughly used up.  

UGAHewes

• View Profile
Re: Redfishin\' Lanark Sept 09\' \"Slough\"
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 11:26:05 AM »
nice
   NEIL BOORTZ FOR PRESIDENT