Author Topic: Out West \"several\"  (Read 1838 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Out West \"several\"
« on: November 05, 2009, 02:25:56 PM »
As I\'ve said. I just got back from out West last week and was trying out my new D700. I got a few keepers and some I\'ve not developed yet, and I\'m putting some here. Mostly, I used my 35 f/2 \"wide is wide again\" and my 85 f/1.4. This is taking a while because my computer is acting up. I have to change out the CPU fan. It sticks and shuts down the machine every so often. Up the Chief Joseph scenic into YellowstoneGorge in YellowstoneOld Faithful \"obligatory image\"Lake Jasper in the Grand TetonsGrand TetonsGrand Tetons, ReflectionsThanks for looking.

TD13

• View Profile
Re: Out West \"Guidenet\"
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 06:24:29 PM »
Thanks for taking them. Nice shots.

Reel Cop

• View Profile
Re: Out West \"TD13\"
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 07:32:45 PM »
First of all these pics are excellent. You did a really really good job with the hyperfocus.

You will like this and I hate to admit this...

I called my wife over to look at the pics because I really like them and would like to travel out west one day.  She said - \"these pictures are really nice - so clear\"  \" What kind of camera did he use?\"  I told her it was a Nikon but I wouldn\'t hold that against you.  Now here is the killer...  She said \"isn\'t that what you have too?\"   A shame she has to sleep outside tonight...

Guidenet

• View Profile
Re: Out West \"Reel Cop\"
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 04:00:40 AM »
Quote, originally posted by Reel Cop »
First of all these pics are excellent. You did a really really good job with the hyperfocus.

You will like this and I hate to admit this...

I called my wife over to look at the pics because I really like them and would like to travel out west one day.  She said - \"these pictures are really nice - so clear\"  \" What kind of camera did he use?\"  I told her it was a Nikon but I wouldn\'t hold that against you.  Now here is the killer...  She said \"isn\'t that what you have too?\"   A shame she has to sleep outside tonight...

LOL.. you\'re a darn good photographer and could easily best me, perhaps.

Let me know when you\'re going and maybe my gal and I could meet you there or something. I plan on taking her in the next year or maybe less.

Craig T. Harding

Flash

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 05:28:08 AM »
Tetons   Would love to see them one day.That\'s what I love about this country. We have the oldest and youngest mountains in the world    

He will always be \"Our Puppy Boy\". Our best friend and protector. He made us laugh and cry during the best 14 years of our lives. Rest In Peace Scooter. I hope

pointerDixie214

• View Profile
Re: Out West \"Flash\"
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 08:11:41 AM »

Beautiful photos.  Man.

fins: Can you keep a smoker at the proper temp while fighting a marlin? Flash: Can you keep the boat level? I may have to go with sand in the pan instead of water

Best come b

mississippi mac

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 12:40:26 PM »
Craig....

As always, great work....

I really like image 2 the best...sort of a neat abstract after a fashion      

The last one is out of the park too....

The 35mm lens is sweet.....

I wish I could get that flat panorama out of a 20mm on my 40D without having to resort to software to fix the barrel distortion....

tim

If you can\'t catch a fish, catch a buzz!

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 04:38:07 PM »
Quote, originally posted by Reel Cop »

I called my wife over to look at the pics because I really like them and would like to travel out west one day.  

In my best Yoda voice.....

Go out west you must young Jedi!

I was just below Teton. Loaded potatoes in Sugar City, ID. Could see the tall ones in the distance, and I thought I could bring the truck through the bottom for a few quick pics, but to no avail. Seems DOT frowns on 18 wheelers in national Parks

I drive the truck.....people love the truck!

Dustin

• View Profile
Re: Out West \"Cat n Tat\'s Dusky\"
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 05:35:48 PM »
#4 and #6 are both outstanding.  Which of the shots used a CPL?  Some have that look and some don\'t.

Reel Cop

• View Profile
Re: Out West \"Dustin\"
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2009, 06:10:12 PM »
Quote, originally posted by Dustin »
#4 and #6 are both outstanding.  Which of the shots used a CPL?  Some have that look and some don\'t.  

Didn\'t you mean CPF?

Phishbohn

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2009, 08:34:23 PM »
Grand Tetons...