Author Topic: Mayport Offshore Sep 12-13  (Read 718 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Mayport Offshore Sep 12-13
« on: November 05, 2009, 05:39:37 PM »
Where was everybody? 3-5\'s were no problem for the Mako, the only other boat we saw was the Majesty. The weather was nasty but the fish were chewin. Me and Mark fished inshore this trip and did not venture more than 30 miles. Fished mostly public spots and did a number on the Snapper and Grouper. We had our limits easy and tried to search out some new spots for the future. Most of our fish came from the MG-MF, CH and EF areas. Hot baits included AJ strips and live pins. The two fish below were on AJ stips and the Snap weighed 21lbs. Compared to the two Sows Mark caught last weekend this one looked small. That just shows how big those fish were.     We did have some trouble this trip when we lost the port motor at night due to bad spark plugs. We could only make 9 mph after that so we just cruised around at a leisure pace for the rest of the trip. Then we blew a powerhead on the other motor about 8 miles out and could only make 5 mph the rest of the way. Ended up making it in a little later than we planned. Mark took a dip in the drink when a wave rocked him into his rod that was in the gunnel and the rod butt snapped. LMAO!!! it looked like slow motion from where I was standing I couldnt help but laugh. He was soaked for a while, it was a good thing it was windy so he could dry off. Luckily, he held on to the rod!!! Till next time, hopefully its rough

my fish

• View Profile
Re: Mayport Offshore Sep 12-13 \"seanhev77\"
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 04:22:38 PM »
Man, I thought I was a die hard!!  Nice work on the fish!!  Be safe out there or I\'ll be coming to rescue you guys!!  
We should thank GOD for those who introduced us to the outdoors.  Lets give back and take a kid fishing!!!

spineyman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 04:32:13 PM »
Yes it is a shame what they are doing to our fisheries both on the Atlantic and the Gulf.
AKA        Jiggin Junkie

soundwavesCO

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 05:01:59 PM »
Dang Sean, you\'ve proved to me that nothing will stop you! Like the night we were taking wave after huge wave over the bow, and I asked to go back, you were upset! We really need to get you an epirb. I\'ll sell you one at cost when you are ready, or I think Kini on this forum works for Revere, he can probably get you an even better deal than me. Either way, you are nuts and you need to have one. You can borrow mine the next time you go in rediculous conditions.Good job as usual, the snapper are chewin cause your the only dude feedin em!  
http://soundwavesmarine.com Marine electronics 904-545-1270

GoneFishingJax

• View Profile
Re: Mayport Offshore Sep 12-13 \"soundwavesCO\"
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 05:35:56 PM »
Nice fish.....sounds like the trip turned sour, good thing the weather didn\'t turn on you also, otherwise it could have been a different ending.

Just remember when you\'re going out on days while others are staying in, it\'s not because their soft, they\'ve learned the hard way and no when to say \"NO\"!

WATTEVER

• View Profile
Re: Mayport Offshore Sep 12-13 \"GoneFishingJax\"
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 08:17:24 AM »
congrats well earned

seanhev77

• View Profile
Re: Mayport Offshore Sep 12-13 \"soundwavesCO\"
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 01:35:58 PM »
Tony, your right we def need to look into getting an EPIRB!!!