Author Topic: This is Down Right Hilarious.  (Read 2277 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
This is Down Right Hilarious.
« on: November 05, 2009, 09:15:39 PM »
WASHINGTON  Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke said on Tuesday that the worst U.S. recession since the Great Depression was probably over.        That man is NUTS.  

ProCudaTeam

• View Profile
Re: This is Down Right Hilarious. \"Poolbiz\"
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 12:41:11 PM »
A recession is a period of economic decline and the economy is now growing again. If it is growing, it can\'t be declining. Growth = recession over. Obviously this doesn\'t mean everything is magically better, but things are turning around.

Sea Snake

• View Profile
Re: This is Down Right Hilarious. \"ProCudaTeam\"
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 01:23:23 PM »
So they sold out a few car lots.....watch the repo man in six months    

You need to back away from the cool-aide...slowly.....

as long as the current potus is there.....this economy will stay stagnant....the growth you see now will be eaten away as the unemployment rate rises.

When the housing industry really rebounds, that would be one key indicator, but just a small key still....

Steve

Sea Snake      

ProCudaTeam

• View Profile
Re: This is Down Right Hilarious. \"Sea Snake\"
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 01:45:58 PM »
It\'s not a political issue. The economy is slowly growing again, which means the recession is over. The Chairman of the Federal Reserve says the recession is over, but you say it\'s not until housing rebounds. Ummm....I think I will listen to the smart guy.

osprey11

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 01:54:16 PM »
Hey Snake I think the point is that they overhyped the recession.  Totally forgot the Carter years.  And their fix has only been 10% implemented, as most stimulus spending will not take place till 2010.  The promise that unemployment will not go over 8% with stimulus package is broken.  If it was that bad it fixed itself not current admin.  Cant have it both ways!

osprey11

• View Profile
Re: This is Down Right Hilarious. \"osprey11\"
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 01:56:04 PM »
Sugar high spending may inflate numbers to fool cool-aid drinkers, but jobs and housing are the true numbers that mater to me.

ProCudaTeam

• View Profile
Re: This is Down Right Hilarious. \"osprey11\"
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 02:04:02 PM »
Yeah, Bernanke drinks the koolaid. He came into his current position under Bush.

Sea Snake

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009, 02:46:41 PM »
Quote, originally posted by ProCudaTeam »
Ummm....I think I will listen to the smart guy.

Don\'t just take my word on it.....you can still listen to Bernanke, if you like  

.....you see, I can cypher real good  

Steve

Sea Snake      

Cookin' Out

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2009, 03:03:39 PM »
Im in sales selling base chemicals for plastics....I am at the bottom of the ladder so when things begin to pick up, I should know it...trust me....production on very few items has improved.....I dont think its over and unemployment is still growing
If it was legal to shoot stupid, the boat ramp would be a slaughter house.

osprey11

• View Profile
Re: This is Down Right Hilarious. \"Sea Snake\"
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2009, 03:30:30 PM »
Yeah but I tought Obama was gonna put an end to the Wall Street, Bernake, Goldman Sachs bermuda triangle.   Shoot, it just got way bigger, absolutely no better.  Just different pigs at the trough. Quit pointing fingers at the past and look to the future.